This dish is a very good alternative to traditional pasta. With a tenth of calories and many less carbohydrates, it is an awesome recipe if you are dieting. To make the zucchini spaghetti, you will need a mandolin or a grater with large holes. If you do not have them, you can make noodles with the help of a potato peeler.
- 8 ounce of zucchini
- 4 ounce of peeled prawns
- 1 Leek
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ glass of white wine
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Wash and peel the zucchini. Slice both ends off.
- Use a mandolin or a grater to cut the zucchini in a spaghetti shape. If you do not have mandolin or a grater, you can make horizontal strips with the help of a potato peeler and cut them later in the form of noodles with the help of a knife. Reserve the zucchini spaghetti.
- Chop the garlic clove and the leek into pieces as small as possible.
- Put the garlic and leek over a low heat in a frying pan with a stream of olive oil.
- When the garlic is golden, add the prawns to the pan. Keep on the fire 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
- If the prawns have taken color, add the ½ glass of wine and the zucchini spaghetti. Keep on low heat for 5 to 8 minutes and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Once the spaghetti are ready, season with salt and ground pepper and they will be ready to serve!