Like every week, we keep on sharing recipes! Stuffed zucchini recipe is perfect if you want to have vegetables in a tasty and original way. We have already commented on several occasions that eating healthy does not mean eating boring. Following a diet does not always mean eating the same things every day! With a little effort, we can get healthy and at the same time delicious dishes. Today’s recipe is a good example.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 3,5 ounce crushed tomato
- 2 ounce grated cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Wash the zucchini, discard the top and bottom and cut them in two halves, along their length.
- Leave the halves in a tray with a splash of oil and put them in the oven about 20-25 minutes at 340 ºF.
- Let the zucchini halves cool and empty them with a sharp knife or a spoon, without scraping the skin. You should leave a sufficient consistency to withstand the filling of vegetables later.
- Peel and chop the cloves of garlic, the two peppers, the onion and the carrot into small pieces. Chop the zucchini that we have emptied previously and sauté along with the rest of vegetables in a frying pan with a spoonful of olive oil for about ten minutes over medium heat, until onion golden.
- Once the vegetables have the right color, add the crushed tomatoes, season with salt and ground pepper and leave it with vegetables for about ten minutes over low heat.
- Place the zucchini halves in a baking tray and fill them with the mix of vegetables.
- Once the zucchini is stuffed, we can add some grated cheese on top. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 Fº.
- If the zucchini are tender and the cheese is melted, we can take them out of the oven, let them rest a few minutes and they will be ready to enjoy!