These clams with red pepper are a simple and light dish, with a great result at the end. The preparation does not have any complications, we detail below all the steps.
- 10 ounce of clams
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 glass of wine
- 1/2 spoonful of sweet paprika
- Olive oil
- A few hours before preparing the clams, clean them and remove the sand. Fill a bowl with water and salt, put the clams and let them soak. Repeat the process changing the water several times so the clams will remove all the sand.
- Peel and chop the onion, pepper and garlic clove.
- Poach all vegetables over low heat, until the onion golden.
- Grate the tomato and add it to the pan. Add 1/2 spoon of sweet paprika and some chopped parsley.
- Add the clams and a glass of water to the pan. Let it cook until the clams are opened.
- Once opened, add the half glass of white wine and let cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- After 5 minutes, season it and the clams will be ready to serve!