There are many dishes that combine health and pleasure. These sauteed artichokes with ham are a good example! Artichokes have many beneficial properties for our body: They regulate bile secretion, they are diuretic and improve liver function. Once again, a simple, quick and cheap recipe.
- 8 ounces artichokes
- 1/4 onion
- 3 ounces of ham (in dice)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- A splash of white wine
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves as thin as possible, set aside.
- Prepare a pot with water and the juice of a lemon. Clean the artichokes, removing all the outer leaves, the inner leaves and the “lint”.
- Cut the hearts into four pieces and leave them inside the pot. Lemon juice will prevent them to blacken.
- Boil the artichokes in the pot with water and lemon juice. Leave the artichokes boiling until they are tender (you can test with a knife that it’s your liking).
- Once the artichokes are ready, drain them in a colander.
- Cook the onion over low heat with olive oil. Once golden, add the chopped garlic.
- Add the artichokes, the ham tacos and a splash of white wine. Saute until the alcohol evaporates.
- Serve and sprinkle fresh parsley on top and ready to enjoy!