You are probably used to eat legume salads. However, if you give this lentil cream soup a try, you will be amazed. It’s a dish rich in minerals and vitamins and low fat content. Due to its high protein content, it is ideal for those who practice sports regularly. It helps to increase muscle mass without unnecessary fat.
Eating legumes has great benefits, especially for its high fiber content!
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 15 ounce red lentils
- 1 pint vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Sauté the onion in a saucepan over low heat, with a dash of oil until golden.
- Clean, peel and cut into small pieces the carrot and add them in the same pot along with the lentils.
- Add the vegetable stock until all the ingredients are covered. It will give a touch of flavor and texture to your cream. (You can use water instead of broth)
- Simmer about 25 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of cumin and season with salt and ground pepper.
- Blend it until smooth.
- Let it rest a few minutes and ready to enjoy. Bon Appetite!