Light version of a classic Italian recipe. Few ingredients, simplicity and a spectacular result define this eggplant parmigiana. Find below the recipe step by step.
- 10 ounce eggplant
- 10 ounce ripe tomatoes
- 2 ounce grated cheese
- 4 ounce fresh mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 Fº.
- Clean and cut the eggplant into thin slices.
- Salt the slices and let them drain for about 30 minutes.
- Wash the eggplant slices with water and dry them.
- Place the eggplant slices in the oven for about 20 minutes, at 300 Fº.
- Clean and peel the tomatoes. Cut in small pieces and cook in the pan with a dash of olive oil. Season it with salt and ground pepper and add some chopped basil.
- Cook the tomato for about 20 minutes, stirring well and preventing it from burning. Pass the tomatoes through the blender until obtaining the desired texture.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven.
- Place a layer of tomato sauce, grated cheese and mozzarella on top of the eggplant slices. Repeat the process successively until finished with the ingredients.
- Put the tray back in the oven and let it cook for about 20 minutes at 300 Fº.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and ready to enjoy!